Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Extract tank

I spent a lot of time trying to decide how to do this tank and attachments.  The tank itself was easy - it is a hydrocal casting by Yorke that I bought many years ago.  The pump shed was also easy once I decided what to do.  It has a pump inside that I scratch built but it is hard to see.  The trackside "filler' (not sure what it is called) is a commercial casting.  It will be used to fill tank cars with the extract.  It can also fill trucks.


The components are not actually connected at this time but will be once installed on the layout.  The pipe above the tank will go to the extract building to accept the extract.  There is a control valve between the tank and the shed and a fire extinguisher on the shed.  The wood underneath the tank is a temporary means of keeping it level with the pipe on the shed.


Above is a pre 1920s photo of similar tanks connected by pipes.

Next I will install the components I built for this extract plant on the layout with some scenery.  I may add an additional building.


No comments: