Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, June 21, 2020

T&E MRR history 2020

As I do every year I am posting more photos of my Fathers Troll & Elfin model railroad.  He took many photos over the years though the majority were 35 mm slides which is a bit of a problem.  He and I got into model railroading at the same time.  My father modeled more for fun than any prototype.


Above is a view of the town of Troll with a train on the tracks.


Above is one of his scratch built hopper cars.


The photo above shows some of his structures, a few of which I now have on my model railroad.


Most of his photos were black & white.  I have this small "station" on my layout also.  My fathers layout was much smaller than mine is but I saved a few structures and most of the details.  The rest I either sold or gave away.  Neither my kids or grand kids have any interest in model railroads so my stuff will be disposed of when I die, thought they will probably save a few pieces.


1 comment:

JGHags 77 said...

Hi Stan.
Now that I realize this blog exists I will be searching for more of the Troll and Elfin. I was always an admirer of your fathers layout. I'm 77 so I remember it well.
Thanks for posting.
John Hagen