Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Extraction plant water tower

I have built a water tower for my extraction plant.  It is 34 foot tall.  The tank is made from plastic tank parts.  The base of the tank with the railing on it is a large metal washer.  The hatch on the roof is a reefer part.  The support structure is wood strips and the railing is made from a thin card stock strip.


I used a prototype photo (below) for ideas on how to construct this tank though the prototype is way taller than my model.


I built a layout extension shelf at the end of my main layout aisle for the extraction plant.  So far most of the extraction plant models are installed on this shelf which adjoins part of my narrow gauge track.   I am now applying scenery to the area.



No comments: