Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Abandoned building complete

I decided to make the abandoned building an old rope shop.  It is in bad shape with broken boards, broken windows and lots of weathering.  The roof was built board by board with tar paper style covering made from facial tissue sprayed with light gray spray paint applied.  When the paint was dry I separated the tissue sheets keeping the painted part which I cut into scale 3 foot wide strips.  After I glued the strips to the roof boards I tore parts of the strips revealing the boards.  I then applied dark gray chalk.


On the deck is an old style rope machine I scratch built from a variety of old photos.  I sort of built it with a little imagination.  There is a very weathered sign on the front.  


At the base of the structure is a stone style foundation built using commercial card stock stone sheet.

Now again I need to come up with an idea for the next model.  



No comments: