Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Small boat model

I have been working on a boat model starting with a cast hull I have had sitting around for a long time.  This was built mostly with small wood parts and some string.  There are a few commercial parts such as the life preserver, the tire on the side for cushioning docking, the barrel on the back, and a hatch on the deck.


The anchor at the front was made using card stock and is hanging on a chain.  There is a large window on the front of the cabin behind the figure.  


Above is the hull casting I started with.


Above is another project I was working on.  It is a shelf I placed on top of a short  bookcase located in the finished part of my basement.  I needed some place to display the models I have recently been working on since there is not really any more space on my layout.  The shelf is 23 x 43 inches.  I have temporarily placed some background structures along the wall.  I may permanently attach them.  

 

1 comment:

Jan Ferris said...

Nice work! They will make nice additions to your collection.