Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, November 5, 2021

Small restaurant model progress

 I got the idea for this restaurant model from an old photo on the Shorpy web site.  On that site they have a Mike's Place restaurant.  My model is similar but not exact.  The model is  made using wood and card stock parts.  The front door is a commercial part but all the windows and other doors are scratch built.  


Inside the front window is a table with three figures - a man, woman and a child.  Behind the table is a restaurant worker figure holding a tray with two glasses.  I scratch built the tables and chairs.  


Above is a view from above showing the table and figures.  At the back of the restaurant is the kitchen area.  I will not be adding details inside the kitchen as they will not be visible once the roof is installed.  

In addition to the roof I will be adding various details to the outside including signs and other things.  

This model is called Stan's place.  I actually am a decent cook.  I retired before my wife so I cooked the dinners so when she got home dinner was ready.  I also did some baking of deserts such as pies, cakes and cookies.  


No comments: