Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

RGM McGiffert build start

I have made some progress on the Rio Grande Models McGiffert kit, although other things keep getting in the way.  Below is the frame and retractable wheel assembly.  Thus far it is all white metal casting and brass wire bar.  As I am building this for an HOn3 railroad the legs required extensions (provided) to fit the rail at the base.  RGM also suggested that the brass wheel axles have paper insulation on one side to prevent shorts but I substituted plastic coated wire for the axle which made that easier.  So far all is going well.  The wheel assembly will be mounted inside the frame.


As you can see I have not applied any paint yet.

No comments: