Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Tannery water tank inspiration

The photo below is part of my inspiration for the tannery water tank I am building.  The tank is almost complete but work has been interrupted for cataract surgery on one of my eyes.  All went well and I am back to modeling.  The tank shown here is considerably larger than what I am building - the tank shown here is a 125,000 gallon tank on a 50-foot wood tower, but it contains some of the features I am including in my model such as the design of the platform.


The model will be posted in the next day or two.  As usual I have continually made modifications to the design as I went.  It seems that as I build I see changes that I find appealing.  That is why I don't take the time to draw any plans - just sketches and where needed framing templates.

No comments: