Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Box factory progress

I have made some progress on the box factory.  Below you can see one partially completed end wall, the floor, and some of the machinery set in place as an example.  I have not yet decided exactly which pieces of machinery will be used but these are the candidates.  I also assembled and painted the steam engine that will drive the machinery.  The boiler is still in progress.


The engine and boiler will be in a shed on the side where you see the engine sitting.  On the side of the factory away from the edge of the layout will be a box storage shed and a platform for loading rail cars.

Below are a few boxes I have assembled.  They are made from a Tichy kit and are plastic which I painted.  These boxes look nice when complete but are a pain to assemble because Tichy imprinted the part numbers on the back of each piece reversed making them a sort of puzzle to read.  Each box consists of 6 parts.  There are 8 boxes of various sizes.  I may add more boxes later after I see how well these fill the shed and dock.


The coming week is a busy one for me as my granddaughter is graduating from high school and there are several events I will be attending, so I am not sure how much progress I will make, but this is a hobby - not a race.

No comments: