Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Box factory update 3

The box factory model is moving slowly, due in part to considerable time spent figuring out how the internal machinery should work and constructing details for the interior.  It is all fun though sometimes frustrating.  I have added a box storage room at the back of the main structure (facing trackside) and the engine and boiler room on the right side.


In this view you can see the box storage room through the door in the center of the back wall.  I have stacked a number of boxes in the room.  There is a door on the right side of the box storage room that leads to the track loading platform (yet to be built).  On the left side of the rear wall is a storage shelf for  work materials such as nails, glue, etc.  I built the shelves from card stock and added bits of plastic, wood, etc. to populate it.  I have installed two rows of line-shafts with pulleys for running the machinery which will be installed on the floor.  The engine/boiler room on the right will have a wide open doorway for viewing the details inside.  You can see the ends of the line-shafts and the pulleys - one that will connect with the engine to drive the shafts and the other two for belting between the two line shafts.  The boiler of course is on the right.


This view shows a work bench in the main room and the boiler which is unfortunately in shadow.

There are still many details to be built, painted and added to the interior before I complete the roofing.  I also have to do some weathering as I like weathered structures.


No comments: