Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Steam box factory installed on layout

The steam box factory is now installed on the layout at the aisle edge.  My facia is painted black so I installed a short piece of rock wall under the factory edge to hopefully improve the visual effect.  The wall is commercial printed embossed  rock wall which I sprayed with a dull flat spray, then dusted with gray chalk.


I kit-bashed a small truck from an old Selley cast metal automobile and placed it near the door.  Just above the truck you can see a bit of a man sitting on the dock of the factory.



This view shows the other end of the factory.  There is a small coal bin for fuel for the boiler, and various detritus around the structure including a sawdust pile, a wood refuse pile, and discarded machinery parts.

I have no idea what I will do next.



No comments: