Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Box factory update 5 - completed

I have finally finished my steam box factory model - at least all I am doing before it is installed on the layout.  I did install lights in the main machinery room which is good as I find it a little dark with the roof installed, even though the front side is removable.  I used two 12v Miniatronics lights that included metal shades.  I attached them to the beams that hold the line shafts.  The wires were strung to the back and down through a hole in the bottom of the box storage shed.  You can see the wires a bit in some of these photos as the model is just sitting on my workbench.


The photo above shows the removable front wall installed.


And here is the front view with the wall removed.


Here is a rear view showing the box storage shed with a corrugated iron roof, and the rail side loading dock.  The red wire at the back is just lying on the workbench.

I used three types of roofing - the main building is shingled, the boiler and engine shop has tar paper, and the box shed metal roofs.

The next step is installation of the box factory on the layout and scenicing around it.  This was an enjoyable project.


No comments: