Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mining supply company completed

The mining supply company is complete - unless I decide to add more details.  I named it Diggers Mining Supply Company.  The building walls are individual boards with scale 1x2" caps to cover the gaps between the boards.  By using separate caps I can show them with gaps, breaks and loose boards.  The roofs are corrugated metal rusted using paints and chalks.


In addition to the pillar crane, I added various detail parts to the platform including barrels, a cable spool, a scale, and a mine dump car. There are figures on both the main dock and rear platform.


I modeled the rear door open both for effect and to aid in seeing the interior.


This was an enjoyable project.

My next project will be to build a small dynamite shed to adjoin this structure.  After all, many mining projects require dynamite and it would be a really bad idea to store it in this building.

No comments: