Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Machinery repair company fenced yard

I have installed the machinery repair company structures on a cardstock base and installed a fence around the yard.  The cardstock base was spray painted on both sides to prevent warping.  The main reason for the base was to enable me to construct the entire industry on my workbench rather than trying to do it on the layout.



The fence was built using a Builders-in-Scale chain link fence kit I purchased many years ago.  Builders-in-Scale is now owned and operated by CC Crow.  The fence components include cast metal posts, wire horizontal rail, and fine netting for the chain link.



I have not yet added the details such as a hoist, machinery, etc in the yard.  This little "module" is about 5 1/2 by 11 inches.  My challenge now is to not make the yard area too crowded.


No comments: