Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Ice machinery company mostly complete

I have finally completed the last of the ice machinery company structures (total of four).  This last one had a few challenges and some re-do work.  I also created signs and have decided on a name - Frigid Company - kind of a humorous name.  Most of the signs will be on the original structures.


This is a front-on view.  The width of these two structures is 5 inches.  The other two structures will be to the right of these.


Both structures are pre-scribed wood with stone bases from commercial plastic material (it was clear plastic which I painted).  The roofs are card stock.


This is a half right view and you can see the right side is unfinished as it will attach to the other structure.  All windows are commercial plastic parts except the partially open one on the left side which is a cast metal window.  All doors are scratch built from card stock.

My next task is to install all of the components on the layout and add a little scenery around the base. This structure complex will temporarily be isolated as there will be no structures on either side until I build them.  I also plan to scratch build a few ice machinery units to place on the platforms.

As usual, everything is subject to revision and additions.

January has brought really cold weather and some snow for me to clear away - so much fun.  My cable company has also created challenges for me which occupied a little of my time.



No comments: