Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Glue factory water tank

This is a wood water tank to supply water to the boiler house for both the boiler and the glue prep tanks.  The water tank was constructed around a small cardboard tube.  The tank structure is about 32 feet high and is constructed mostly of wood strips and card stock.  The ladder is a commercial plastic part.



The tank bands were made with coarse thread, tack glued to the tank, then when all bands were on I sprayed the tank with clear flat to adhere the bands.  


The photo above shows the tank structure temporarily in place next to the boiler house awaiting scenery.  

Next I will build the acid tank for the glue making process.  When that is complete I will scenic the entire factory area.





No comments: