Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Railroad storage shed model

The next model I am building is this storage shed I photographed some years ago on a railfan trip in Pennsylvania.  I think this shed was somewhere near Lancaster though I did not make any notation on the back of the photo.  My model will be a shortened version of the prototype having only three compartments to avoid overwhelming the location on the layout where it will be placed.


This shed has obviously seen some wear and is somewhat in disrepair.  The roof appears to be covered in some loose roofing material with a few boards showing.  It seems to be facing a siding as the track and ties are well worn.  Perhaps the loco in the back is on the mainline.  My model will be mostly wood and somewhat distressed also.

I will leave one of the doors open and place some details inside - not sure yet what they will be.


No comments: