Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Stewart Company factory AKA W.T.E. factory

I decided to name the warehouse handling equipment factory Stewart Company for a friend.  I added a sign to the roof and placed the factory on the layout.  At this time it is sitting there with scenicing to be done.


The factory is located next to the machinery repair company and behind the main street of buildings including the blacksmith shop and the gas station.  Behind the factory is the series of buildings along the wall.

As well as working on the warehouse hoisting equipment factory I have been building a Jordan mail truck kit.   The Jordan kits make into nice models but they can be a little tricky to build.  I added a improved and painted Plasticville mailman standing next to the truck.




Next Project
I have decided on my next model and actually started working on it.  It will be a transfer company, which is basically a truck terminal where goods are delivered to be transferred to to another truck for delivery to a customer.  I drew a rough sketch and determined some basic dimensions.  It will have a number of loading docks where I will place a variety of trucks.  These type of facilities have been used for many years and are still used today.



No comments: