Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Vintage´plumbing truck model

In between my work on the warehouse hoisting equipment factory and the mail truck I converted a cheap plastic jeep model into a vintage plumbers truck.  When I started working on it- hacking up the jeep - I was not sure what the purpose of the truck would be, but I found some plumbers decal signs and decided that is what it would be.  It did not turn out as well as I had hoped but here it is.


The added body was constructed from card stock  I put a rack of pipes on the roof and a ladder on the back to get to them.


I will place this truck near my plumbing supply company on the layout.

More warehouse hoisting equipment examples 

Below are two more examples of interesting vintage warehouse hoisting equipment circa 1930.

Above is an automated platform truck. This device was used to move materials and products around inside of the warehouse and out onto the loading platforms.  


Above is what was called a portable elevator.  This device would have been moved to a stationary position and then used to lift materials.  






No comments: