Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Truck examples for the transfer company model

The function of my transfer company is to move cargo from the railroad by truck to the transfer company warehouse for regrouping and transfer to individual customers by delivery trucks.  I believe that is essentially how most transfer companies worked.  The warehouse is not large since the cargos were only stored there temporarily.


The freight truck above is typical of the trucks of the 1930's, and of the trucks that would be used by my transfer company.  I will be building some trucks and trailers to be parked at the transfer company loading dock.


The photo above illustrates trucks lined up for delivery - these are from about 1920 but gives the idea of what I am trying to achieve. 

I am in the progress of constructing the warehouse and that will be presented in a few days (or so).  







No comments: