Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Hardware & Machine Parts Store start

My next structure will be a hardware and machine parts store, and it is based on a photo I took in 1984 in Harrisonburg, Virginia.  I have no idea what the structure was though in the photo it looks to be abandoned.  I took the photo using black & white film.  The structure has a corrugated metal roof and that is what I will model.  I am not sure what the siding of the building is but I am making it with vertical wood siding.  My structure will not be an exact replica but close.


I have started construction and the building sides are done.  The front deck/loading dock will have lots of stuff on it.

The weather this week is quite warm around here and being an optimist I have put away my snow blower for the season and set up our umbrellas on the deck in preparation for eating meals out there.



No comments: