Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Outside metal framed boxcar 1932

This photo shows an outside metal framed boxcar without the wood panels.  The metal frame on this boxcar was being coated with rust protection.  I am guessing this car was being rebuilt or repaired and the inside wood framing has yet to be installed.  There are various parts laying on the ground around the car.


It might be interesting to have a car in this condition sitting on the layout under repair.

Next Project

My next structure project (other than the N scale structure I am building) will be a combination of a deteriorating building awaiting demolition with piles of ruble around it, and another adjoining building that is an old, deteriorated structure that is a still operating industry.  I am in the process of sketching out some ideas on what this should look like.  These buildings will be against the wall next to the transfer company.



1 comment:

Bob Chaparro said...

This freight car actually is a livestock car for poultry.