Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, May 19, 2017

Dredge company bldg #3

I have completed dredge company building number three.  That completes the dredge company other than scenicing around the structures and in the center yard area.  In the photos you can see some building flats in the background.  They are only there to provide a view block otherwise you would see the unfinished portion of the layout section as a background.  Those building flats are from my fathers layout - I never throw anything away.


Building three is a flat roof structure with two levels.  I installed a pillar crane on the roof above level one.  That crane consists of parts of an SS Ltd crane that was part of their early tool house kit.  Apparently Sequoia now sells the crane kit.  I bought many SS Ltd kits and details over the years.  Now they only have a subset and some items are now sold by other vendors.  I had intended to put another crane on the roof but it was too big.  The crane is for lifting and lowering material stored on the upper level.  There are stairs in the building (fictional) for personnel to access the upper level.


There are a few  details sitting in the yard area.  This will be enhanced.


The rear of this structure is not detailed.

I plan to build a small dredge boat to sit in front of the dredge company.


No comments: