Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Dredge company complete

I have completed the dredge company model and added scenic detail.   Is anything really complete?  I may add more details later but it is time to move on.


Again I have placed some scene blocks behind the industry.  The fishing gear sign is a commercial 1920's era sign.


I have added several figures and various details.  While searching through my many figures I decided to do some more sorting.  I separated all of the female figures and put them in a parts drawer of their own.  Due to the types of models I build and my era I do not use many female figures.  I have easily a thousand figures accumulated over the years both by purchase and via estates.  Of these there are at least 100 female figures.  Most of the figures are plastic but some are metal.  I have in the past modified female figures to be male figures but that is tedious.  The figure above holding a sledge hammer has a hammer scratched using a piece of dowel and a piece of wire.

Along with detailing the dredge company, I built a truck from multiple commercial parts and some scratch.  The cast metal truck bed is from an extinct company called Ivers Engineering. The frame is a Walker Models Service product.  The hood section is a part from a Snaparoo kit, the wheels are Sheepscot parts and the cab is scratch built.  This ended up being bigger than I thought it would be.


And below is a rear view.


Now I need to decide on my next project.  I need at least one more industry on the dock area and I plan to build a small dredge to sit in front of the dredge company.  Below is a photo of an early 1900's sand dredge which may be my inspiration for my dredge model.



More later ........



No comments: