Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Dredge barge model start

I have started building the dredge barge.  There is still a lot of work to do on this but I thought I would post the basic barge with the dipper pole and bracing.  There will be more bracing and of course the cable rigging.


The cabin for the boiler and pilot house will be at the back end.  There will be a two drum hoist behind the pole and bracing to control the raising, lowering,  and opening and closing of the clam shell bucket.  The dredge barge would be used to load sand raised from a harbor and deposited in a container barge.

Below is an example of a basic dredge barge without the housing at the back.


My dredge barge will sit in the water in front of the dredge company where it is under repair.


No comments: