Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Fish net company planning

My next project is a fish net and buoy company.  The main building is an old stone house that was in the dock area for many years - long before the other businesses were built.  It survived because it was substantial.  The house was expanded with the addition of another structure, and modified but still retains it's basic appearance.  As usual, the planning for this project was time consuming and I made a  half dozen sketches before I came up with something I liked.  I have made a start on the stone house using some Hydrocal stone wall castings.



As you can see the house is not complete.  I find cutting up Hydrocal castings to be a pain but it is easier than creating a model specific casting.  The cuts in the top of the wall are window bases.  There will be a wood structure attached to the right side of the house structure.

Some inspirational stone house building photos are below.




When I complete this model I will have filled the dock area, and then I will move to building a dredge model.


No comments: