Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Fishnet shop structure complete

I have completed the fishnet shop structure - just added the storage shed.  The storage shed is wood so gives a contrast to the stone house.  The shed was fairly simple.  The roof shingles are the venerable Campbells paper shingles, which I weathered.  I added a small stack projecting from the rear of the shed.  The stack was made from a plastic kit sprue.


I added two small weathered signs.


Next I will install the structure on the layout.  Then I will add a fence around the front area and install  a fishnet rack and a variety of colorful bouys,  as well as other details and some workers.

On a different note, I have long had a three shelf metal cart sitting under my main layout.  The cart contained an array of tools and other items for use in my layout construction.  I decided since the main layout was essentially complete, to move the cart out and under the new layout addition.  Since I have many tools at hand there, I removed all of the tools and stuff and replaced them with my many containers of scenic material.  I then realized I have LOTS of small tools!

Comments

I welcome comments, questions or related thoughts as comments on my Blog.  I do have a setting that requires me to review and approve any comment before it is actually posted.  I do this to prevent posting of spam or other inappropriate comments.  I mention this as I sometimes get comments with embedded links.  While some may be OK, I do not accept links as they may lead to dangerous or inappropriate sites.  If you want to refer to some valid web site in your comment you can just provide the site name and then anyone interested can do a simple web search.  I have a background in information security from my working days and am aware of potential problems.





No comments: