Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Industrial vacuum machine model

I have built a model of the Sturtevant light weight portable cleaner depicted on my last posting.  This model was made from wood,  plastic and metal parts.  I think I captured the essence of the prototype. I will be placing this model on the loading dock.  It is approximately 8' long and 7' tall.



I may build other industrial vacuum models but next I will be building the other structures of this industry.

I also built a very old model truck kit.  It is a Weston 1914 Ford truck model which cost $2.25 when new - probably a fair price when it was produced.  It is a cast metal kit which I built essentially as the kit was designed.



I find it interesting to build these old kits.



No comments: