Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Steel mill items

I received a brass steel hot metal car from my Railroad Industry SIG members some years ago after running the SIG for about 13 years.  I was working long hours at my job at the time and had mentioned  to some Sig members that I might stop doing the SIG.  As a result, at the next SIG meet they gave me a plaque and a vintage style steel mill  hot metal car with a nice plaque on the bottom dedicated to me to keep me going.  I eventually gave up the SIG after 20 years.  The SIG was picked up by one of the members then died a few years later.  This week I decided to paint and weather the hot metal car.


Above is a photo of the car.  I will place it near the steel mill on my layout.


Above is a graphic of some steel mill cars from an ad in a very old book.


And above is a photo of an old steel mil from another old ad.

I thought I would put these items up to keep the blog fresh as I am still working on building number two of the industrial vacuum company.  It is taking me longer than expected, but then other things have gotten in the way of modeling - imagine that!


No comments: