Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, March 9, 2018

Small house/shack complete

The small shack-like house is now complete.  It will be located at the end of the street adjacent to the victorian house.  It has board & batten siding and a rough shingle roof using the Campbell paper shingles.  I have added some scenery around the house using paper which is now somewhat non-flat but will be flattened out when glued to the layout - I just wanted it to be thin.


After it is installed on the layout more scenery will be added to it but since it will be located some way from the layout edge I decided to do the basic scenery now.


The home owner is sitting on the front porch.


This was a fairly simple model to build but I am happy with the result.  Most of the details around the structure are commercial metal castings.

Now I need to decide what to build next - always a challenge.  It will be another structure on the street - probably some kind of business.


No comments: