Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, March 2, 2018

Small house/shack planning

My next project will be a small, dilapidated house or shack.  It will be at the end of the street and will be surrounded by trash and junk.  I think it will be adjacent to the victorian house separated by a fence.  I have made a sketch and built two sides of the house.


This house will have board and batten siding and a shingle roof.  More to come on this.

Now some items of general interest.


Above is a rustic town scene with some interesting structures along a railroad track.


And above we have a complicated track scene circa 1900 or so.  Laying track is one of my least favorite projects although on my previous layout - many years ago - I scratch built several turnouts including one three way turnout.  Now I just use commercial track as part of my scenes.  




No comments: