Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, June 14, 2018

His master's voice

This vintage advertising symbol is well known to most people and is still fascinating today.  I took the photo below years ago when traveling but sadly I did not note on the photo the location were it was.   It was fairly large and not far from the road.


I may add a sign/billboard of the image on my layout.  Below is a 1921 ad showing the symbol on a victrola.


I find vintage ads and equipment fascinating.  Years ago I bought an early jukebox which plays 78 RPM records.  It only plays one side of the records so if I want to play the other side I need to take the record out and turn it over.  This jukebox employs the old vacuum tubes which interestingly are still made though not widely available.  I have a modest collection of old 78 RPM records, a few of which have recordings on one side only.

I am slowly installing and scenicing the buildings on my layout street.  I have been slowed down by the need to cut down some trees,  one really large.  Not much fun.  I have decided there is room on the street for one more structure which has been designed.



No comments: