Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Cannery model complete

I have completed my cannery company model and added lots of details.  It is somewhat different than the photo of the cannery that inspired my model.  I have added lots of details and figures on the large exterior platform.


I added a water tower on the roof of the boiler house using an old kit by Alloy Forms.  The major change I made to the kit was replacing the ladder.


There are lots of figures - mostly female as was the case back in that time.  The females are the ones that handle the tomatoes so they wear red dresses to hide the stains from the tomatoes.


Some details on the platform include a weight scale, a fire hose, a cart for moving tomato boxes around, and a number of barrels and boxes and other things.


The rear view above shows a work bench/shelf set beside the door.  That is a commercial product.

Now that this model is complete I again have the challenge of deciding what my next model will be.  I thin k it will be something small and simple.  



No comments: