Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, July 13, 2018

Cannery model progress

I have made some progress on my cannery model.  Still a lot to be done.  The frame on the left has a roof and a light.


In the rear view below you can see the boiler house.  The base to the boiler house is made with Hydrocal castings.  The stack is a plastic straw.


Below are some more interior details that were time consuming.


On the left is the peeling table with a box of tomatoes on the right, a few tomatoes on the table, a paper cover stained with tomato juice, and two paring knifes.  On the right is a canning machine with several cans on the table.  The cans were made from a small dowel.  The prototype for the canning machine is shown below.


My model is not an exact duplicate but similar.  Again, I am not sure how well these details will be visible when the roof is installed.



No comments: