Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Cannery model start

I have started building my cannery model.  There is still a lot of work to be done.  I am not trying to model the cannery exactly as shown in the previous post but rather using it as an inspiration.  As I said I am building it as an old structure well weathered.


I have installed three wide doors to hopefully allow some of the interior detail to be seen.


With the high level shot above you can see some of the interior detail - far from complete.  I really enjoy doing interior detail even though it may be difficult to see after the model is complete.  At the back are two steam cookers with the tops open.

Below is a model I built of the previously posted tomato and fruit washer.  You can see it at the inside left in the photo above.


This model is about 11 scale feet long.  I made it using card stock, wood strips, wire and paper strips for the paddles.  The wheel is a commercial casting and the "chain" is thread.  I am planning on building two more machines for inside.


No comments: