Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, October 12, 2018

Roofing company model

I have decided to make my recent model a roofing company.  I find it harder and harder to come up with different industries or businesses.  I have done just about everything I can think of that fits my era and general location (western Pennsylvania ).  In any event the model is now finished with signs and details.


I named it the O.H. Shucks Roofing company - a little humor.  In the front is a pallet with a stack of shingles on it.


On the side are a variety of details including a ladder, barrels, and a guy sitting on a chair on the porch.  I built the chair from scratch with tiny wood pieces and paper.  At the rear of the side is a pile of corrugated metal and wood scrap.

I glued a paper base underneath extending from the sides to hold the scenery and details since adding these things after the structure is installed on the layout can be difficult.

As usual when I build a model, I did some internet searches on roofing companies, shingles, etc.  for modeling ideas.  Interestingly after these searches, I got some calls from small local roofing companies - I do not recall ever getting calls from roofing companies before although I do get a regular spate of spam calls from all kinds of organizations.  That was of course before I posted what the model was.

Again I need to decide what to model next.  This gets harder and harder.


No comments: