Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Plaster shop truck

While I am still working on details for the plaster shop,  I have built a truck for the shop.  I started with a very old cast metal automobile - I do not recall the manufacturer but they are no longer made.  The car was completed and had railroad track wheels.  I removed the wheels and cut off the rear seat area.  I replaced the rear seat with a covered truck platform.  The cab was made with card stock.


I put a low side on the truck back, added a ladder up the right side and placed two ladders on the roof.


Inside the truck platform are a pile of bags of plaster, a wooden barrel and a tool box.  I made he tool box out of paper and inserted some metal pieces resembling tools.  I added a figure sitting on the back of the truck.  The truck wheels are commercial plastic wheels.


This was an enjoyable project and turned out pretty good in my opinion.

As an aside, while building this I came across some small buttons which I think will make good wheels for a future project, but not this truck.

The plaster shop will be done the coming week.


No comments: