Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Rubber stamp company start

My next model is a rubber stamp company.  They create rubber stamps for many purposes including post office stamps, business stamps and many other uses.  In the early days of the post office each P.O. had a stamp to identify where the item was posted.  Today that is done by machines.  The model start shows the office with one wall of the "factory" behind it.


There is still a lot of work to be done.  The office is where buyers order their stamps and has displays of example stamps.

I have several stamps I have collected over the years, some are post office stamps, some are for railroads, some are stamps I had made for my Railroad Industry SIG, and there are a variety of other things.  My father had some stamps made for his model railroad.



Above is the majority of my rubber stamp collection on a rotating display.

More later ........


No comments: