Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, October 18, 2019

Steam engine & boiler

I have assembled an SS Ltd steam engine & boiler kit that I bought many years ago.  As usual the kit parts are good but the instructions are poor so I assembled it as I preferred.  The detail parts are cast metal, the brick siding for the boiler is embossed card stock. The boiler top has a card stock metal sheeting with segmented sections.  I provided my own pipes.


The kit called for using thread for the "belt" on the engine.  I used thin sections of wire.  


The printed price on my kit is $12 for both pieces at the time I bought it.  In a search online I found the boiler alone is now about $80.  Wow!

Next I will build a structure to house these machines.



No comments: