Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Ice machinery company building two

This section of the ice machinery company extends off the right side of the previously posted main building, also against the wall.  It is smaller and has less depth.  This structure is scratch built using two different brick material sections - one embossed cardstock and one plastic.


As you can see the "tunnel" at the left of the structure has a mirror at the back so when it is installed against the wall it will appear that it goes through.  The stone block base is formed from molded styrene by the N scale architect.


There will be additional details added to this structure including signs.  For me, nothing is ever really finished.  I frequently make modifications and improvements.

I have used many mirrors on my layout, mostly small mirrors such as the one in this structure.   My largest mirror is at the entrance to the main layout room by the harbor.


No comments: