Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Machinery repair company completed

I have completed the machinery repair company.  Next I will install it on the layout.  This company is named for a friend as I usually do.  I added a lot of details to the company yard.


I added a gas pump near the office and an oil tank by the near gate, both cast metal commercial products.  On the right side is a scratch built wood maintenance ramp with a truck on it.


There is an old tractor next to the raised oil tank and a carry tailer next to the maintenance ramp.  There are four figures in the yard - one seated on the office platform with a clipboard, one at the entrance to the shed watching the repair progress, one at the hoist, and one by the maintenance ramp carrying a pipe.


This model end will be facing the edge of the layout end.  It will be located across the track from the warehouse.


I did not bother detailing the module on the left of the above photo as it will not be visible.  This was an enjoyable project, especially since i could add lots of details.

Now I will spend some time deciding what to build next and doing some design work.  I already have some ideas.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive, as usual.

I would love it if you could include in your photos, from time to time, something off to the side for scale. (A six-inch ruler, a pair of vise-grips, a soda can, or whatever you like.)