Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Truck for machinery repair shed

As I am populating the machinery repair company lot, I decided I needed to put a small truck inside the repair shed for maintenance.  I looked through my built and kit trucks and did not find any that I wanted to use - especially since it will be very hard to see from the edge of the layout.  I then decided to scratch build a small truck using wood and card stock.  It was not necessary to be a great model since it is hard to see.  The result is a truck with no tires mounted on wood supports.




Yes,  I know it is crude but given the hard to see location it works for me.   When I finish the module (soon) I will include a photo showing what can be seen of the truck inside the shed.

My wife is giving me a new camera for Christmas ( I know because I picked it out - when you get to our age surprises are usually not required).  I expect that will help with my close up photos.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"When you get to our age, surprises are not required."

In fact, I'd say that at our age, surprises are usually a bad thing!

Barry Kingsbeer said...

As Krusty the Clown so famously said "It ain't just good - it's good enough"