Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Old office technology

Just as a matter of general interest, here are a few items of early 1900s office equipment.  When I was in college (a long time ago) we were prohibited from using calculators in the class room as most students could not afford one.  The one below would be a chore to carry around.



Another old piece of office equipment is this universal folding machine equipped with an electric motor.  Very clunky compared with todays electronic equipment.



Below is a vintage pneumatic tube order carrying system.  These were common in early factories.  My bank actually uses a modern version of this at their drive in teller stations.  


These are unlikely to be modeled for our model railroads but I thought they were interesting.


No comments: