Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Retread shop interior

Here is the interior of the retread shop I am building.  It is patterned after the Shorpy photo for which I previously provided a link.  I am still working on this, but this is essentially it.



The left half and the right half are not yet connected and the right half will be adjacent to to the floor on the left.  The tire machinery is scratch built and were each somewhat labor intensive.  The were made from cardstock, wood and plastic parts.  The tires are rubber plumbing O-rings that come in various convenient sizes.  My intent is this will be visible through the open double doors and I intend to put a ceiling light inside to help viewing.  The structure will be located close to the edge of the layout.




No comments: