Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Weirton steel mill

For a change of pace, here are some Weirton Steel Mill photos.  Weirton is in West Virginia and closed in 2003.  I think another company took over the remaining parts.  This first photo of a slag processing plant is a vintage photo from the 1940s.


There is a nice steam switching engine on the right.

Below is a photo I took of the Weirton plant in the 1990s.


This was taken on a side trip during one of my Railroad Industry SIG meets. 

Next Project

I am working on my next project - it is a bar from the other side of the tracks.  Since it will be located across the yard tracks from my city, access to it is difficult so I am adding a small road along the cliffs at the edge of the layout.

No comments: