Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Bolt and Nut company structure left side

The left side of the Bolt and Nut company is mostly complete.  There is no back or roof yet.  I am essentially building this structure piece by piece and fitting them together.


The structure is mostly built from styrene components - brick upper and block lower sections.  There will be a loading dock at the lower door.  Additional details  and cosmetic fixes are yet to be added - just thought I should update my progress slow as it is.   The annual preparation for payment of government extortion was taking a good bit of my time.

Froedert Grain & Malting

The collectible below was obtained some time ago.  It is all metal, about 5 inches long and really heavy.  I think it once held cigarettes in the compartment on top.  Froedert was a malting company in Milwaukee and is no longer in business.


It is an interesting decoration with a railroad motif.

No comments: