Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Narrow gauge gondola

This is a narrow gauge side dump gondola car from I believe the 1940's.  This is from my father's collection and I believe it was in Hawaii.  The old automobile and the white trousers (Navy uniforms) under the gondola car are the indicators.


And below is a (not so good) photo of a very short lived automobile called the Paragon.


In the early part of the 1900s every shop with machinist skills apparently tried to manufacture a car.

I have decided what my next build project will be.  It will be a hoist and derrick company.  It will fill the remaining space on the wall between the Bolt & Nut company and the Frigid machinery company.  I have made some rough drawings and started on one portion of the structure.  The part of the hoist & derrick company that projects out closest to the layout edge will be a fenced yard for staging some of the machinery.  That will give me the opportunity to build a derrick or two for display.



No comments: