Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Railroad storage shed model completed

I have completed the railroad storage shed.  The hardest part was the tedious task of building the roof and applying shingles.  The shed is all wood.  The shingles are the vintage Campbell shingles.  As previously stated I reduced the number of compartments to three.  The door on the right end is a double door as the other doors slide to the right inside the units and the right unit yes not have room for that.  I did that since it appears the right units on the prototype have no slide area.


The roof was first coated with india ink and alcohol, then with my alcohol and grey acrylic paint stain.


The above view is the aspect in the prototype photo.

Now I need to install it on the layout and complete my scenery.  Then I need to decide what to build next.


No comments: