Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Bucket elevator equipment 1939 era

In the early years of industrial development the variety of machines was vast and interesting.  That is one reason I choose the 1939 era for my model railroad.  The inclined spaced bucket elevator below delivers coal from a below ground storage pile to a scraper conveyor.  A scraper conveyor uses scraper sections to move material (such as coal) onto an elevated conveyor and moves it to something such as a power plant.


It appears the installation above has some wooden safety barriers being constructed on each side of the pit.


Bucket elevators were also manufactured as mobile loaders and unloaders.  The machine above was provided powered by either an electric motor or gasoline engine.  The discharge chute swiveled in order to distribute to distribute the material evenly.

I have decided on my next model and am doing a rough design - more later.



No comments: