Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, December 18, 2015

Rooming house model progress

The rooming house now has four mostly complete outer walls.  The model is approximately 25 x 25 scale feet.  It has two rooms on each floor plus an office on the ground floor and a shared bathroom on the upper floor,  I have decided to do interior detail on the upper floor and make the roof removable.


There will be a short foundation under the building as well as a front porch and an upper porch over the front porch.  On the left side is an upper door and will have stairs leading up to that door.  The right hand door on the bottom is for the office.


This slightly higher view shows the start of some interior partitions.  There is a short hall inside the outside door with the bathroom at the end of the hall on the back and two rooms in the front area.   I still have a supply of SS Ltd interior details such as beds, sinks, etc which I will use to detail these rooms.  I will also scratch build some details.

Rooming houses unlike boarding houses had no food service nor cooking facilities though some tenants brought in rudimentary cooking equipment when allowed.  My tenants will have to avail themselves of the diner next door.

No comments: